Really cool project! I like how it feels different from other VR rhythm games. Works great on the rift s, though I think the projectiles need to be able to be differentiated from their paths more easily, maybe just reducing the path transparency.
A downloadable game for Windows
Beat Cyber is the 1st place winner of XR Game Jam 2019 organized by SITEC by akirassasin, Sonny and rubyleehs. It is a VR Rhythm Action game made for the Vive Pro and should work(?) with other VR devices/headsets.
The game was inspired by titles such as Gun Gale Online, Beat Saber and Rez. You can input your own song and it will procedurally generate a stage for you to play.
How to play
- Left and Right trigger to select between different songs.
- Right Grab to select and start song.
- Use your sword to reflect projectiles at enemies, all projectiles have a "bullet line" that shows their travel path.
- Both enemy spawning and you hitting the bullet occurs on the bass or sub-bass of the song, so if you pick songs that have no bass OR sub-bass, nothing will happen.
How to install your own song
- Prepare the song of your choice in ".ogg" or ".wav" format.
- Place it in the "Streaming Assets" folder.
- Start/Reload the game.
Click download now to get access to the following files: